Workers Compensation & Insurance Claims Lawyer

If a workers compensation insurance company has wrongfully denied your claim, we can help!  People who have suffered serious or disabling injuries at work often find themselves with large amounts of medical debt and no income.  Unfortunately, workers compensation insurance companies often deny claims that they should have paid.  This puts injured workers in a difficult position where they need legal help. 

The first step in every workers compensation case is to report the injury to your employer.  Your employer can provide you a form to fill out to make an official report.  At the very least, report your injury to your employer in writing and keep a copy of the report for your records.

Second, the workers compensation insurance company will send you to a doctor that they pay for.  You will not get to choose the doctor you see. You have the right to request a change of doctor one time, and that request must be made in writing. If the workers compensation insurance company denies your claim, you should make an appointment with your regular doctor and you will have to use your private health insurance or pay for the visit out of your own pocket and then seek reimbursement from the workers compensation insurance company.    


Does It Matter Who Was At Fault for My Injury?

Workers compensation laws require your employer to provide insurance for any work injury---even if you are at fault for the injury. Unfortunately, that does not always happen. 

If you have had a serious work injury and you feel that the workers compensation insurance company is not treating you fairly, call us. We will be glad to tell you whether you have a good case.   

Like all of our injury cases, we take workers compensation cases on a contingency fee basis. There is no cost to you unless we win!

​We Can Help!   Call us today at

(801) 574-0883

Workers Comp Claim? "Leave it to Schriever!"

What Benefits Am I Entitled To?

If you were injured at work, workers compensation should pay for all of your reasonable and necessary medical expenses.  They should also pay 2/3 of your wages while you are off work as a result of your injury.  If you have had a serious injury, you may also be entitled to payment for a permanent partial disability.  

Finally, if you are disabled as a result of your injury, workers compensation should pay you 2/3 of your wages for the rest of your life.  In our experience, this is the type of claim that the insurance company denies most often.